canon’s Pixma MG4150 is an all-in-one model that’s targeted at families and students. It costs around £120 online and offers printing, scanning and copying features.It can automatically print on both sides of a page and also has Wi-Fi onboard, so you can print directly from smart phones and tablets, wherever you are.
The control panel includes a 16mm LCD display, coupled with three soft buttons to select main functions. It has one of Canon’s intuitive click-wheels for menu selection and assorted secondary buttons for easy and versatile control. At the front to the left of the trays, we have twin sockets for SD and MemoryStick cards, while below that resides a large.
The MG4150 looks and feels like a quality item. It’s made from glossy, firm black plastics, and most of the controls and covers feel precisely engineered. One example of this is the scanner’s hinges, which telescope smoothly upwards by a couple of centimetres to accommodate thicker originals without wobbling around.
- Print Speed (up to); 4″ x 6″ Borderless Photo: Approx. 44 seconds2, Black:ESAT (Black) Approx. 9.9 ipm6, Colour:ESAT (Colour) Approx. 5.7 ipm6
- Number of Nozzles; Colour: 1,152 / Black: 640 / Total: 1,792
- Picoliter Size (colour); 2 and 5
- Print Resolution (Up to); Colour:Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi3, Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi3
- Paper Sizes; 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10,” Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 envelopes
- Paper Compatibility; Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper; Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum; Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy; Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss; Matte: Canon Matte Photo Paper; Envelope: U.S.# 10 Envelope
- Printer FeaturesAuto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing2, Calendar Print, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print7, Fun Filter Effects, ID Photo Print, Smartphone Photo Printing, Photo Index Sheet, Photo Direct Print (Memory Card)9, Photo Printing, Template Print, Quiet Mode, Wireless Printing1
- Output Tray Capacity; Auto Sheet Feeder: 100 Sheets
- Copy Speed (up to); FCOT(Colour) Approx. 20 seconds11
- Reduction / Enlargement; 25% – 400%
- Copy Features; 4-in-1 / 2-in-1, Auto Duplex Copy, Auto Exposure/Intensity Copy, Face Brightener/Fading Correction, Fit-to-Page, Gutter Shadow Correction Copy, Image Repeat, Intensity, Manual Colour Adjustment, Masking Copy, Multiple Copy: 1-99 Pages, Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios, Trimming Copy, Zoom
- Windows® 7, Windows Vista® ,
- Windows XP and Mac OS® X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x9
- For the start, you will need to prepare all of the things that you need such as the laptop, the printer, the USB cable that connects the printer to the laptop, and also the CD driver.
- Make sure the USB cable is compatible with the USB slot in your laptop.
- If you lost the CD driver, then you can simply download the installation files from the website.
- Make sure you download the one that suit your printer model.
- Once you have prepared all of those things, you just need to simply run the installation setup program that you already have, from the CD driver or from the files that you downloaded.
- The next thing that you need to do is waiting for the whole process to be finished.
- During this time, you will be asked to pick some options such as the components, the installation locations, your name, and some other things.
- Make sure you fill the options correctly.
- Once the installation wizard is finished, your printer is ready to go. You need to start printing a page to make sure that the printer has been successfully installed.
- Procedures for the download and installation
- Download the file. For the location where the file is saved, check the computer settings.
- Double-click the downloaded file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
- Double-click the packaged file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.
- Make sure that the printer Canon MG4150 is turned on.
- Press and hold the [Wi-Fi ] button on the top of the printer until the orange alarm lamp flashes once and then release it.
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi button starts to flash blue and then go to your access point and press the [WPS] button within 2 minutes.
- Make sure that your printer is turned on.
- Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper.
- Press and hold the Cancel Button, button until the orange alarm lamp flashes 15 times and then release it. The network information page will be printed.
- This concludes the WPS setup procedure.
- Please now proceed by installing the software to make the most out of your PIXMA MG4150.
- If you do not have the installation CD that came with your product, please download the manuals and software.
- If the Canon MG4150 wireless setup is still failing after following this guide, please contact us for further assistance.
|Canon PIXMA MG4150 series Mini Master Setup
(Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
|Canon PIXMA MG4150 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02
(Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
|Canon PIXMA MG4150 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.56
(Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)
|Canon PIXMA MG4150 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 126.96.36.199
(OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11)
|Canon PIXMA MG4150 series Scanner Driver Ver. 18.0.1b
(OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11)
|Canon PIXMA MG4150 series ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0
(OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11)
|Canon PIXMA MG4150 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.60 for Linux
|Canon PIXMA MG4150 series ScanGear MP Ver. 1.80 for Linux