Print from your tablet, smartphone, laptop or camera with Canon’s PIXMA MG3050 All-in-One Wireless Inkjet Printer, which is ideal for printing, scanning and copying wirelessly.Cut down the costs of printing using the high-capacity Canon XL ink cartridges, so that you can save as much as 30% per page on ink. Featuring a FINE cartridge system.
It used to be quite unusual to find an inkjet printer for under £50, but these days there are several complete all-in-ones in this bracket and the PIXMA MG3050 is Canon’s latest offering. Intended for the home or student customer, it offers basic print, scan and copy, but also include wireless support and direct print from several mobile device platforms.
Canon PIXMA MG3050 If you’re searching for a budget printer, the Canon Pixma MG3050 all-in-one inkjet may be right up your street. It lacks useful features, like automatic double-sided printing, but that’s reflected in the low price. Can this printer turn out great prints at an economical cost? Our Canon Pixma MG3050 review reveals the answer.
Canon PIXMA MG3050 Review Specs
- Print Speed (up to); Black:ESAT: Approx. 8.0 ipm7,Color:ESAT: Approx. 4.0 ipm7
- Number of Nozzles; Color: 960 / Pigment Black: 320 / Total: 1,280
- Picoliter Size (color); 2 and 5 Picoliters
- Print Resolution (Up to); Color:Up to 4800 x 600 dpi8, Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi8
- Ink Compatibility; PG-145 Pigment Black Ink, CL-146 Dye Based Color Ink
- Paper Sizes; A4, A5, B5, 4” x 6”, 5” x 7”, 5” X 5”, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- Paper Compatibility; Plain: Plain Paper;
- Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
- Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope;
- Printer Features; Canon PRINT app1, Document Printing, Easy PhotoPrint+3, Google Cloud Print4, My Image Garden5, Photo Printing, PIXMA Cloud Link1, Quiet Mode, Red-Eye Correction, Special Filters, Wireless PictBridge6, Wireless Printing2
- Output Tray Capacity; 60 Sheets of Plain Paper OR, 20 Sheets of 4” x 6” Glossy Photo Paper
- Copy Speed (up to); FCOT (Color): Approx. 28 seconds7
- Copy Features; Standard Copy
- Scanner Type; Flatbed
- Scanning Element; Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Max. Resolutions; 600 x 1200 dpi (Optical)11, 19,200 x 19,200 dpi (Interpolated)11
- Scanner Features; Auto Scan Mode9
- Windows® 7, Windows Vista® ,
- Windows XP and Mac OS® X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x9
- For the start, you will need to prepare all of the things that you need such as the laptop, the printer, the USB cable that connects the printer to the laptop, and also the CD driver.
- Make sure the USB cable is compatible with the USB slot in your laptop.
- If you lost the CD driver, then you can simply download the installation files from the website.
- Make sure you download the one that suit your printer model.
- Once you have prepared all of those things, you just need to simply run the installation setup program that you already have, from the CD driver or from the files that you downloaded.
- The next thing that you need to do is waiting for the whole process to be finished.
- During this time, you will be asked to pick some options such as the components, the installation locations, your name, and some other things.
- Make sure you fill the options correctly.
- Once the installation wizard is finished, your printer is ready to go. You need to start printing a page to make sure that the printer has been successfully installed.
- Procedures for the download and installation
- Download the file. For the location where the file is saved, check the computer settings.
- Double-click the downloaded file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
- Double-click the packaged file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.
- Make sure that the printer Canon MG3050 is turned on.
- Press and hold the [Wi-Fi ] button on the top of the printer until the orange alarm lamp flashes once and then release it.
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi button starts to flash blue and then go to your access point and press the [WPS] button within 2 minutes.
- Make sure that your printer is turned on.
- Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper.
- Press and hold the Cancel Button, button until the orange alarm lamp flashes 15 times and then release it. The network information page will be printed.
- This concludes the WPS setup procedure.
- Please now proceed by installing the software to make the most out of your PIXMA MG3050.
- If you do not have the installation CD that came with your product, please download the manuals and software.
- If the Canon MG3050 wireless setup is still failing after following this guide, please contact us for further assistance.
|Canon PIXMA MG3050 series Full Driver & Software Package (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG3050 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MG3050 series CUPS Printer Driver Mac OS|
|Canon PIXMA MG3050 series XPS Printer Driver Windows|
|Canon PIXMA MG3050 series MP Drivers Windows|
|Canon PIXMA MG3050 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MG3050 series Getting Started Guide (software installation part)|
|Quick Menu Windows 7/8.1/8/10/Vista (32 x64-bit)|
|ICA Driver Mac OS X 10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12|