Canon CanoScan 5000F The 5000F utilizes infrared light to identify dirt and also scratches on slides and also downsides. This function works quite well, removing imperfections without raising meekness or comparison. Unfortunately, the software application to remove artefacts from prints is not as reliable: It did dirty up our scraped print whatsoever.
Canon’s ScanGear software vehicle driver is just one of the most straightforward user interfaces we have actually seen. It includes a multiscan choice that could instantly scan and also crop several images– as much as 3 negatives and also 12 slides at once– saving each in a different documents. The tools discovered in the consisted of CanoScan energy’s advanced-mode user interface are not as substantial as those of the various other scanners we tested. Nor does Canon supply any kind of online help. But the strong software package (ArcSoft’s PhotoStudio and also PhotoBase, Presto! Page Manager, as well as ScanSoft OmniPage) covers virtually any scanning or image-editing job you will want to carry out.
With the 5000F, our scans were excellent to superb. Colors, including skin tones, were appealing, rich, and also true. Pictures were sharp, with very good information in the shadows as well as superb specular highlights. Our test scans, nevertheless, displayed discernable color noise. And also the 5000F’s sneak peek scan time was a poky 13 seconds, though an average scan took an acceptable 15 secs.
- Scanner Type; Flatbed, color and monochrome
- Scanning Element; Charge-Coupled Device (CCD)
- Light Source; Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp
- Scanning Mode; 48-bit internal/external, Grayscale – 16-bit internal/8-bit external, Black & White, Text Enhanced
- Max. Document Size; 8.5 x 11.7; Film – 35mm x 3 frames (negatives), 35mm x 2 frames (mounted slides)
- Interface; USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Dimensions (W x D x H); 10.9 x 20.0 x 4.2
- Weight; 7.5 lbs.
- OS Compatibility; Windows® 98/2000/Me/XP, Mac® OS 9.0 – 9.x, Mac OS X v10.1 or later (Classic mode), Mac OS X v10.1.3 (Native mode)
- Software; CanoScan Setup CD-ROM****** Including: ScanGear® CS (Windows/Mac), CanoScan Toolbox (Windows/Mac), ArcSoft® PhotoStudio® (Windows/Mac), ArcSoft PhotoBase™ (Windows/Mac), ScanSoft® OmniPage® SE OCR™ (Windows/Mac OS 9.1 to 9.x, Mac OS X Classic mode), NewSoft® Presto! PageManager® (Windows only) and NewSoft Presto! BizCard® (30-day trial version, Windows only)
- Power Source; 120V AC, 60 Hz
- Max. Power Consumption; 14.8 W (5.6 W standby)
- Operating Temperature: 50° – 95°
- Operating Humidity: 20% – 80% RH
- Warranty; 1-year limited warranty with InstantExchange warranty program (conditions and restrictions apply, see www.canontechsupport.com for details)
- Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary. * Based on Canon Inc. testing, using Pentium 4, 1.7 GHz, 256MB RAM, using Adaptec DUO CONNECT. Scanning an approx. 8.5 x 11 image at 600 dpi. Results may vary. ** Windows users only. *** Available only when using 2400 or less dpi. **** Systems with Pentium® III or higher, Celeron® (566MHz or higher), AMD: Athlon™, Athlon MP, Athlon XP or Duron are recommended for optimal performance. ***** ScanGear CS driver (Plug-in compatible) and CanoScan Toolbox, quick scanning utility are available in Mac OS X native mode. ****** System requirements vary by application.
- Windows® 7, Windows Vista® ,
- Windows XP and Mac OS® X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x9
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- A computer system with CD/DVD drive
- A USB cord to attach the computer with Canon CanoScan 5000F printer
- Canon CanoScan 5000F installment CD that includes the package
- Guidelines in setting up Canon CanoScan 5000F Printer with a CD:
- A Canon CanoScan 5000F printer configuration file, downloadable via web link listed below.
- A USB wire to link your computer system with Canon CanoScan 5000F printer.
- Guidelines in installing Canon CanoScan 5000F Printer with a setup file:.
- Canon CanoScan 5000F printer arrangement data, downloadable by means of supplied links.
- A USB cord to connect with the computer.
- Guidelines in manually mounting a Canon CanoScan 5000F Printer with configuration data:.
Canon CanoScan 5000F printer uninstallation:
- Click on the Windows button. Click on “Control Panel”.
- Look for Canon CanoScan 5000F printer chauffeur, choose “Uninstall a Program”.
- Wait up until Canon CanoScan 5000F printer driver uninstallation is successful. Click “Finish” switch.
|CanoScan 5000 Scanner Driver (Windows Vista/XP/2000)|
|CanoScan 5000 Scanner Driver (Windows 98/Me)|
|CanoScan 5000/5000F Scanner Driver ScanGear CS
(Mac OS X 10.1/10.2/10.3/10.4)
|CanoScan 5000/5000F Scanner Driver ScanGear CS for Mac OS 9|
|CanoScan 5000/5000F Scanning Guiden For
(Mac OS X 10.1/10.2/10.3/10.4)
|Driver uninstall utility (Mac OS X 10.1/10.2/10.3/10.4)|
|CanoScan Toolbox (Mac OS X 10.1/10.2/10.3/10.4)|